Saturday 17 August 2013

hard as nails.




Hello,

Before summer I vowed that I would paint my nails and generally use nail polish a whole lot more. I figured I'd have loads of time on my hands that I could use to paint my nails, pah, how wrong I was... but with then end hurtling ever closer (oh no...) I decided enough was enough I would sit down and be patient and paint my nails.

Lets just say I'm not going to be hired as a processional any time soon... but we got there in the end and I'm very happy with how the colour turned out! I used Miss Sporty Lasting Colour in Blackberry, I think. I say I think as nowhere on the bottle did it have a name or a clear number! So that would be my main complaint about this nail varnish... where's the name miss sporty?

But despite this miner drawback I would definitely recommend the miss sporty nail varnishes the packaging isn't anything flash but for the money they are great nail varnishes. The larger brush makes application much easier (great if you, like me, struggle to make your nails not look like they were done by a 5 year old...) and the product itself is a nice consistency. You don't need an excessive number of coats to get a strong colour I found that two coats did the job just fine. As far as drying time goes I'd say that this one is pretty quick!

The brand claim that it lasts for 10 days but, in the past when I've used other colours from this range I haven't found that it stays for the full ten days but that could just be me being a little ruthless with my nails... but all in all a great nail polish and a budget buy that I would highly recommend!

Lets face it, the colour's not all that summery but it's lovely and rich and makes me think of Ribeena, can't go far wrong with that! What d'you think? Can I get away with it?

What's your favourite nail polish brand?

-alex xx

Ps. Just look to your left a little... over there's some links to where you can find me..do enjoy! xx

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful color...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this color!!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx

    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour is gorgeous! I try and experiment with other colours but for some reason any thing remotely purple always pulls me in! haha so I'll have to pick this one up soon!
    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK Beauty Blog
    xxx

    ReplyDelete